Forum > Your Project

Pinto Powered Mustang Roadster

<< < (53/54) > >>

rob289c:
I think next week my Winter Storage barn returns to workshop status!  I will be starting back up on my project.

Unrelated, I have an 03 Ranger with a rotted bed.  There is rot around the wheel wells and the bed floor.  If there wasn't a bed liner in it, it wouldn't hold any cargo.  Today I just bought a Mazda bed from a guy that gets them from NC.  Rust free and the same color.  The body lines are slightly different, but it will bolt on.  I will clean up the underside, epoxy, enamel, then coat with fibrated roofing tar.  That will get me a few more years out of the truck.  While the old bed is off, I'll clean up and seal the frame with POR 15 or similar.  The left side wheel well is way worse than the right side in the pic.

dga57:
Sounds like a relatively simple and inexpensive way to keep your otherwise functional truck alive and well.  Looking forward to seeing the next phase of work on the roadster.

Dwayne :)

rob289c:
Yesterday I rearranged my garage and got my toys accessible.  The Harley got it's annual oil and primary fluid changed.  It doesn't get tranny gear oil change this year.  I put the battery in the Mustang and fired it up.  Took it to the end of the street and back.  Only put 500 miles on last year so no oil change.  Re-torqued the lug nuts as I bought new tires last Fall just before putting putting it away.  Glad I did...there were some that were loose.  The project car just got rolled around and admired.  I think the first things I will do is repair the cracks in the dash pad and get the rest of the interior parts (dash, steering column, rear interior quarter panels, rear package tray, junk tray) ready for adhesion promoter, primer, black paint.  I have to work in some gardening/weeding and other home projects, then a week in FL at the end of the month but I plan to make some progress in the next few weeks.

dga57:
It sounds like you got a few things accomplished over the weekend, and that's a good thing!

Dwayne :)

rob289c:
I finally did something other than look at my project.  I made repairs to my cracked and otherwise unsightly dash pad. I used a heat gun and razor knife in the areas of the large cracks and dug out the bad foam too.  I filled the deep crevices with crumpled aluminum foil, then regular body filler.  After fully cured, I used a lightweight, flexible body filler (Porpoise Putty) and skinned and sanded it smooth.  See before and after below.  Future treatment will be adhesion promoter, primer/surfacer, then the black paint the rest of the interior parts will get.  Progress...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version