12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Which tube is which?  (Read 1168 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline slowride

  • Pinto Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
  • FeedBack: +18/-0

  • Total Badges: 3
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Windows User Fifth year Anniversary
Which tube is which?
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
When I got my wagon the charcoal canister had already been removed, and the mechanical fuel pump replaced with an electric. I want to go back to the mechanical, but there 3 lines in the engine compartment, with 2 now unused. Obviously one is fuel to the pump from the tank, but the mechanical pump has 2 outlets..... one going to the carb, and the other (smaller dia) I assume goes back to the tank. Anyone have a pic of which goes where, or can describe which of the 2 is the return or vapor line?

Offline HOSS429

  • Pinto Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 213
  • FeedBack: +22/-0
  • old ford guy

  • Total Badges: 4
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Topic Starter Poll Voter Windows User
Re: Which tube is which?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »
the smaller line will be the return at both ends ..5/16 ths for the enter and 1/4 inch for the return ..i dont know about the vapor line .. i cant see mine ..

Offline amc49

  • Pinto Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 1256
  • FeedBack: +242/-1
  • Another Pinto Driver

  • Total Badges: 4
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Poll Voter Windows User 1000 Posts
Re: Which tube is which?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:04:51 PM »
Block the smaller return line off at hose and pump and do not use, it will bump up fuel pump efficiency, we used to do it all the time. It just bleeds off part of the pump output back to the tank.