Current Classifieds

Parts for 74 Squire Wagon
Date: 09/16/2019 07:35 pm
72 pinto drag car

Date: 06/22/2017 07:19 am
Wanted Postal Pinto
Date: 09/26/2019 05:31 pm
(3) 1980 Ford Pinto Station Wagon Projects

Date: 03/15/2023 02:16 pm
73 Runabout

Date: 11/20/2017 03:19 pm
front end parts
Date: 03/30/2018 12:48 pm
Holley 4bbl carb. & Offenhauser intake.

Date: 08/09/2018 07:49 am
1977 Pinto Cruising Wagon FOR SALE

Date: 08/20/2017 01:34 pm
74 Pinto Hub Caps & Trim Rings

Date: 02/28/2018 09:37 am
pinto wagon parts
Date: 12/19/2019 01:43 pm
1972 Runabout (GOING TO SCRAP BY 5/28)

Date: 05/21/2019 11:50 am
Date: 03/29/2017 11:37 am

Author Topic: Valve Cover Issue  (Read 3491 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 80_2.3_ESS

  • Pinto Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 130
  • FeedBack: +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • 'Till Death Do Us Part

  • Total Badges: 5
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Signature Fifth year Anniversary Poll Voter Windows User
Valve Cover Issue
« on: May 30, 2014, 09:35:01 AM »
A while back I posted that I had a Ford Motorsports valve cover for my 2.5 I'm building. Here's a pic of the valve cover:

I need a twist-in oil filler cap for the front, and something for the back. I tried getting a twist-on beather for a 302 ford valve cover, but alas, the hole is too small. The stock pinto oil filler breather thing fits in the front, but I don't want to re-use that.

I came across this picture, and this is like what i want to do. I know the parts I need to do the hose in the back, but I don't know what kind of cap I need for the front. If anybody can help, it would be much appreciated.

Nick in CT

1980 2.3L Pinto ESS

Offline dick1172762

  • Vintage Pinto Racer
  • PCCA Management Board
  • Pinto Sr. Master
  • ******
  • Posts: 2623
  • FeedBack: +362/-0
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm a llama!

  • Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User 1000 Posts Tenth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Valve Cover Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 09:41:35 AM »
Take the valve cover to O'Nearly and get what fits.
Its better to be a has-been, than a never was.

Offline oldkayaker

  • Pinto Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 758
  • FeedBack: +114/-0
  • Gender: Male

  • Total Badges: 5
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Signature Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Valve Cover Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
Nice vintage valve cover.  The opening looks like the one on a 86 SVO Mustang valve cover.  From looking at the on line parts house listings, a cam twist oil filler cap from a early 80's 2.3 Mustangs should work.  The parts houses list generic caps, so do not expect to see a Ford logo on them.
Jerry J - Jupiter, Florida