Rear brake shoes

Date: 01/23/2017 05:01 pm
78-80 Windshield
Date: 10/29/2021 03:11 pm
Holley 4bbl carb. & Offenhauser intake.

Date: 08/09/2018 07:49 am
upholstery for bucket seats
Date: 10/30/2018 08:44 am
1973 Pinto 2.3 4 speed transmission. Tube frame roadster frame (roller). 1971 Pinto 2.0 radiator.
Date: 09/05/2018 06:30 pm
need a Ford battery for a 77 Pinto
Date: 02/21/2017 06:29 am
1978 fuel sendng unit
Date: 05/27/2020 09:54 am
Rear brake shoes

Date: 01/23/2017 05:01 pm
Squire trim
Date: 03/28/2018 10:11 am

Author Topic: 75 Wagon Project  (Read 1786 times)

Offline pintogirl

• Pinto Master
  • Pinto Addict

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Apple User 1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
75 Wagon Project
« on: December 13, 2009, 07:04:48 PM »
Even though I don't know what we are going to do with this wagon, I figured I would start a project thread on her!

Here she is at her old residence.

Getting to her parked at her home for a month!

Some of her damage,

Dumby me forgot to take before pics of the inside! I can tell you that if I did all you would have seen is some brown seats and all, it was covered in years of dust!!

Here is hubby blowing out the inside! This is after we pulled the carpet and all and vacuumed it out once!

View from the rear.

Here is a pic of the top of the rear seat! The bottom doesn't look bad either. Just need to see if I can soften up the vinyl a bit!!

Here's the front after we blew it off! Still looks pretty dusty!

View of the back.

Can anyone tell me how many miles are on this?

I know I already have these pics on another post but I figured I would include them in here too, since this will be the thread I post about the car from now on!!  ;D

Motor pic

The lovely wiring loom! These were supposed to go to the headlights! LOL

The plan now is, once the weather gets a bit drier, we will power wash the whole car, inside and out! After that, not sure where we will go next! LOL Never know what hubby will want to do on it! LOL  I am kind of thinking of making her the pieces and parts car! Meaning that if the door needs to be replaced, don't paint the donor. If the fender needs to be replaced, don't paint the donor! So when she is all done she will be all different colors! LOL Not like we can't change our minds and paint her later down the road!

Will post again once we do something else to her!!

Kim
www.pintobuyer sanonymous.com

I have come to realize that I am powerless to cuteness of a rusty old Pinto.

Sacramento CA

Offline dave1987

• Pinto Sr. Master

• Total Badges: 11
    Topic Starter Signature Tenth year Anniversary Poll Voter Mobile User Apple User Linux User Windows User 1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
Re: 75 Wagon Project
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Wagon ho for sure Kim! :D

She's a beauty! Love the color, jealous of the V6, but I've never played with a 2.0 like what's in my wagon, so I've got an adventure. Maybe you can help me out with her a bit! :)

Looks like we both have some wiring to troubleshoot and figure out to get the lighting to work. :lol:
1978 Ford Pinto Sedan - Family owned since new

Remembering Jeff Fitcher with every drive in my 78 Sedan.

I am a Pinto Surgeon. Fixing problems and giving Pintos a chance to live again is more than a hobby, it's a passion!

Offline smallfryefarm

• Pinto Sr. Member
  • Smallfryefarms Horsepower Ranch

• Total Badges: 8
    Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Apple User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »
kim she really looks purty good. after you get thru all the dust that is. not much rust to speak of that i see, at least not a lot  ;D really jealous!!!
Smallfryefarms Horsepower Ranch

Offline dave1987

• Pinto Sr. Master

Topic Starter Signature Tenth year Anniversary Poll Voter Mobile User Apple User Linux User Windows User 1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 08:31:50 PM »
I think smallfrye is feeling left out with all the wagons poping up in member's hands. :(

I am a Pinto Surgeon. Fixing problems and giving Pintos a chance to live again is more than a hobby, it's a passion!

Offline smallfryefarm

• Pinto Sr. Member
  • Smallfryefarms Horsepower Ranch

• Total Badges: 8
    Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Apple User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »
I think smallfrye is feeling left out with all the wagons poping up in member's hands. :(

ok dave you have me pegged. really have the itch for a wagon. problem is i have to finish the 65 mustang for my boy, which is still a lot of fun. but puts the wagon out of reach for awhile. but its ok the mustang will keep me busy and will have good company on the restore.
Smallfryefarms Horsepower Ranch

Offline dave1987

• Pinto Sr. Master

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 12:01:13 AM »
There ya go! Get that Stang done and you'll have time for a Wagon! I won't have much time to work on my own for awhile, but for $150, I couldn't pass up the offer. I think Kim is in a similar situation. She'll get all of her ponies on the road and in great shape, she's just saving them all from the crusher before she looses her chance to bring back the Pinto.

That being said, bring all of your Pintos to the show Kim! We need all we can get! :D

Offline pintogirl

• Pinto Master
  • Pinto Addict

• Total Badges: 7
    Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Apple User 1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
Bath Day
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 03:21:25 PM »
Today was bath day for the 75!! You should have seen the mud run out! LOL

You can see a before pic of the motor a little further back in this thread, but here is an after pic!

How many of you wash your Pintos like this??

Now look at this dash shot compared to the dash shot back up in the thread a bit!

Now I just need to take the door panels off so I can clean out all the dirt a junk out of the doors so they will drain better.

At least we can work on the car now without turning brown!! LOL
Kim
www.pintobuyer sanonymous.com

I have come to realize that I am powerless to cuteness of a rusty old Pinto.

Sacramento CA