Current Classifieds

78 hatchback

Date: 03/12/2023 06:50 pm
Need flywheel for 73 2.0 engine.
Date: 10/05/2017 02:26 pm
Early V8 swap headers, damaged, fixable?
Date: 10/25/2019 03:30 pm
vintage Pinto script sunshades

Date: 03/05/2017 03:27 pm
79 pinto driveshaft
Date: 08/18/2018 02:03 pm
Clutch/brake pedal assemble
Date: 12/21/2017 11:26 am
1974 Wiring diagram free
Date: 10/27/2019 06:56 pm
Wanted - Offenhauser intake for 2.8l (6097DP)
Date: 01/28/2019 05:15 pm
Wagon rear quarters
Date: 06/17/2020 03:32 pm
Interior Parts
Date: 08/07/2017 03:59 pm
1980 Ford Pinto Squire Wagon * All original 1 Owner *

Date: 09/15/2019 12:28 pm
74 Wagon body parts and a couple of 79 bits

Date: 11/14/2019 04:02 am

Author Topic: The Pinto Stampede 2016! "Blue Ridge to the Blue Oval"  (Read 8544 times)

Offline Norman Bagi

• Founder PintoStampede.com
  • PCCA Management Board
  • Pinto Master
  • Trail Boss "Pinto Stampede"
    • The Pinto Stampede

• Total Badges: 10
    Badges: (View All)
    Tenth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Apple User Mobile User Webmaster Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
The Pinto Stampede 2016! "Blue Ridge to the Blue Oval"
« on: January 09, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen we are returning to Carlisle and the Ford Nationals!

Sign up for the Stampede for the ride of a lifetime or just come to Carlisle. Either way don't miss this thinking I'll catch the next one.
The Stampede will drive one of the country's most scenic roads the Blue Ridge Parkway!  Beautiful mountains, rolling hills and stops along the way.  (June 1st-June 3rd) Our caravan of Pintos final destination will be the Carlisle Ford Nationals and a celebration of the 45th anniversary of the beloved Pinto. (June 3rd-June 5th)

How many Pintos can we get to Carlisle this time?
Five years ago we had 70 Pinto's in attendance.
Can we come close to this number?
Can we surpass it?
Sign up for the Stampede for the ride of a lifetime or just come to Carlisle. Either way don't miss this thinking I'll catch the next one.

For more information or to sign on, email the "Trail Boss" Norman Bagi at bosspinto@pintostampede.com [/b][/b]

Offline dga57

• Chief Moderator / Admin
  • FordPinto.com Moderator
  • Pinto PooBAH

• Total Badges: 8
    Tenth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Mobile User Windows User 1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
Re: The Pinto Stampede 2016! "Blue Ridge to the Blue Oval"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 06:46:19 PM »
Norm,
Just one quick question... where is the starting point?
Dwayne :)
Pinto Car Club of America - Serving the Ford Pinto enthusiast since 1999.

Offline Norman Bagi

• PCCA Management Board
  • Pinto Master
    • The Pinto Stampede

Tenth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Apple User Mobile User Webmaster Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »
The start will be in Little Switzerland NC.  I am trying to secure hotel rates for us and will post that at a later date.  Please email me all your information if you intend to go since this will be how information is sent out.
Name:
Cell Phone #:
Email address:

Offline Norman Bagi

• PCCA Management Board
  • Pinto Master
    • The Pinto Stampede

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 12:35:54 PM »
Little Switzerland is on the Blue Ridge Parkway and at the top of the Diamond Back (separate road, Route 226A) a road with big inclines, switchback turns and shear drop offs.  So for those who want to dare this, I recommend your Pony be fit for the task.  Second, do this on Tuesday on your way into Little Switzerland (I am going to do this, even though it will be out of the way for me) so we will all be ready for departure on Wednesday morning. More to come.........

Offline flash041

• PCCA VIP
  • Pinto Master

Tenth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »
I will be traveling from Wisconsin leaving Memorial Day Monday May 30th stopping for the night in Lexington KY. On the 31th I will complete the trip to Little Switzerland. Any one wanting to tag along are welcome! I will plan a couple of interesting stops along the way.
1978 Pinto Cruising wagon (I am the original owner ! ) Built Aug 15th 1977 in NJ
1993 Mustang LX 2.3 convertible

Offline LongTimeFordMan

• PCCA VIP
  • Pinto Sr. Member
  • 1973 Red Pinto Wagon

• Total Badges: 6
    Fifth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:12:38 PM »
I plan to drive from the dallas area and meet up the convoy at roanoake. Anyone else from the texas, oklahoma area or points west going?
Red 1973 pinto wagon DD, SoCal desert car, Factory 4 speed, 3.40 gears, Stock engine, 14" rims and tires, 60 K original miles

Offline Scott Hamilton

• FordPinto.com Founder
  • Administrator
  • Pinto Sr. Master
  • Serving the Pinto Community since 1999...
    • FordPinto.com

• Total Badges: 13
    Webmaster Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter PCCA Meet- 2007 Tennessee Apple User Mobile User Linux User Windows User 1000 Posts Tenth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 04:28:36 PM »
Guys and Gals,

I have been asked several times if I will be able to attend this years Stampede and especially since it's in my backyard. Due to changing jobs recently, I will not be able to attend this year but I wanted to take a moment to encourage anyone on the fence to join the Stampede...

Norm and his crew have created an incredible yearly car drive that raises money for a wonderful charity. Not only do you get to drive days with several other Pintos, you get to participate in a Car Show that punctuates the entire experience. Every Stampede I have participated in has been outstandingly fun and I mean fun! If you are a Pinto owner and can participate in this event, do everything you can to be there- seriously. There is no feeling that I can remember that was so cool as driving with a fleet of Pintos (30+ in 2011) down a highway and seeing all the rubberneckers go nuts about all those Pintos!

Most of you don't know but the Stampede caused a wreck in Iowa (Norm correct me if I'm wrong about the location)... We were traveling down the in highway with all those Pintos and we were getting the usual compulsorily stares and then eventual phone picture swam leading to jaw dropping envy... (It's predictable. really it is... this is fact!!) .. A Jeep was destined to stop at this traffic light but because he or she was looking so intently at the line of Pintos traveling by- the jeep slammed into another car.. smash bang!!  REALLY!! The reason I have first hand knowledge of this is because the wreck happened about 5 feet from my Pinto! I was driving with my son along this nice rural highway and saw the jeep ogling the Stampede as usual and WHAM! ..wreck! ... I was riding last in line on the Stampede and was almost a participant! I was a little shaken up by the may lay and drifted away from the group making sure no one was hurt over my shoulder... Norm called after a few min to see if everything was alright.. the entire Stampede saw what had happened. Just a little fender bender, nothing serious... thankfully!

I writing this now to let you know that riding with the Stampede (if you are a Pinto Guy or Gal) is something you MUST do... Not that you will cause wrecks but that you understand the public's draw to these cars and especially since it was the most prolific car of that time almost EVERYONE has a Pinto story or memory that is endearing to them and will be shared... you must experience this! Most of you already have at many cars shows but driving with a fleet of Pintos it magnifies any response to an incredible degree!  You must experience it!

I had, like most, my Pinto project in parts and pieces on the floor of my garage for years... many years... After Norm announced the first Stampede, I decided to get one of my cars together to run with the group. I would have not found the impetus to complete one of my cars if not for the Stampede. Use this event to spur you forward to complete your Project... it will be worth it! Use this Stampede event to get your project cars done, get your car ready and participate in this great event. Do Not miss this,,, really,,, DON'T MISS THIS!! Only those folks that have participated in this event will understand this,, Don't Miss this!

You won't find a more gracious host and excellent ride along partners that these folks. Norm and his crew are Tops!

Please don't miss this!!
Yellow 72, Runabout, 2000cc, 4Spd
Green 72, Runabout, 2000cc, 4Spd

Offline 79prostreet

• Pinto Full Member
  • HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!!

Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Fifth year Anniversary Photographer
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 07:42:51 AM »
Thanks for the nudge Scott, with Pinto now done I have been looking to make some of these outings. This one is a long way from home for me but have been shaking the piggy bank and looking at my work load to see if it might be possible. As always time zips by quickly so I need to keep my eye on the prize and see if it can happen this time.
79prostreet

Offline flash041

• PCCA VIP
  • Pinto Master

Tenth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »
WELL SAID SCOTT!!
                          To add to what he said, if you cant do the whole trip consider doing a segment or two. We have had people do exactly that on every Stampede. Some  just meet us unexpectedly at one of our many stops. Some with Pintos, others without , just to see our cars.
                           Last year in Metropolis , a gentleman with a Cruising Wagon , like mine, drove to meet us there. I was running late an another stop. The car had some damage on the passenger side door and front fender. Jim Madison,knowing it was not my car, got a few of the others going saying what are we going to tell Dave about the damage to his car! Then I showed up with my car. We all had a good laugh!!  Just one of the fun memorable moments on the Stampede trail.

Dave

1978 Pinto Cruising wagon (I am the original owner ! ) Built Aug 15th 1977 in NJ

Offline dga57

• Pinto PooBAH

Tenth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Mobile User Windows User 1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 01:48:28 AM »
The Pinto I had in 2011 was not roadworthy to consider taking it on the Stampede to Carlisle, but I drove up to the Flight 93 Memorial in the '08 Chrysler Sebring convertible I used to have and met up with the Stampede participants when they stopped there.  I joined them for the drive from there to Carlisle, bringing up the rear so as not to detract from the Pintos, and had a ball!  The only thing that would have made it more fun would have been to be driving a Pinto instead.  This year, the final overnight stop before Carlisle is in my hometown, Waynesboro, VA, so I'll definitely be meeting up with everyone upon their arrival here.  Looking forward to it!  My current Pinto would most likely make the trip just fine, but my wife is severely disabled and so I probably won't make any attempt to take it, although I do intend to, at the very least, make a day trip to Carlisle.

Offline Norman Bagi

• PCCA Management Board
  • Pinto Master
    • The Pinto Stampede

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »
Still some room on the Stampede, and if you cannot make it, then get to Carlisle for the party at the end......

Offline fordraceman15

• Pinto Member
  • Another Pinto Driver

• Total Badges: 7
    Topic Starter Poll Voter Tenth year Anniversary Windows User Linux User Mobile User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 09:07:50 PM »
I will be making a list of pinto parts for sale at Carlisle.

Offline flash041

• PCCA VIP
  • Pinto Master

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 06:10:45 AM »
Got my reservations made !  At Carlisle I will be camping . Also as a reminder anyone coming from the mid-west I ,along with a few others , will be spending the night in Lexington Ky, Monday Memorial day.

Offline dga57

• Pinto PooBAH

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 11:21:15 AM »
Got my reservations made !  At Carlisle I will be camping . Also as a reminder anyone coming from the mid-west I ,along with a few others , will be spending the night in Lexington Ky, Monday Memorial day.

I'm looking forward to meeting you AND seeing that gorgeous Cruising Wagon of yours!  I won't officially be participating in the Stampede but I live in Waynesboro, Virginia (last overnight stop before Carlisle) and will be meeting up with the group there for meals and, hopefully, some other fun activities I'm trying to put together! 

Offline flash041

• PCCA VIP
  • Pinto Master

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 11:33:58 AM »
Looking forward to meeting you too! Your not far from Carlisle come along!

Offline dga57

• Pinto PooBAH

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »
Looking forward to meeting you too! Your not far from Carlisle come along!

I'm planning/hoping to make a day trip to Carlisle at some point while the group is there.  The problem is that my wife is in really, really bad health.  She's not up to the trip and she can't be left alone, so what I'm able to do will depend on my son's and/or daughter-in-law's work schedule (they live with us and help me take care of her).  Cody is normally off on Saturdays and Brittany's schedule varies a lot as she just started a new job and she pretty much has to work whatever they throw at her.  It's not a bad little drive; I actually made two separate trips up there in 2011 during the first Stampede!  Because I'll be sort of pushing it to get up there, spend the day, and get back home that night, I will probably forego driving the Pinto.  I have a Ram pickup, a Jaguar XJL, and a Mustang convertible that are all much newer and more reliable.  I'll probably bring the Pinto out on Wednesday when I meet up with all of you in Waynesboro.  Regardless, I am really looking forward to it!

Offline flash041

• PCCA VIP
  • Pinto Master

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 07:28:07 AM »
I just talked to a couple who are not going on the Stampede . One of the reasons they stated was the high cost of the hotel in Carlisle. If you don't mind camping, it's only $35   for the weekend. There are bathrooms and showers available. I camped there in 2011 and will be camping again this year. It was a lot of fun and worked great! Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!

Offline DreamBean

• Pinto Sr. Member
  • Ford Blue, Ford True.

• Total Badges: 7
    Topic Starter Signature Mobile User Poll Voter Tenth year Anniversary Windows User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 08:25:20 PM »
They have other motels that cheaper in Carlisle. I will not be able to hang with the crew at the motel as we cannot afford it this year. But that don't mean we won't have a blast. As for those that have never done a Stampede, IT IS SO MUCH F U N!!!!!!!!!!
Go Ford, Go Fast Or Go Home!

Offline flash041

• PCCA VIP
  • Pinto Master

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
You got that right Tommy! For added fun bring a CB radio along. They are useful for keeping the group together, and the comments of the truckers are PRICELESS! I will be bringing along a couple of vintage portables if you cant get one in time. 

Offline dga57

• Pinto PooBAH

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 07:30:09 AM »
Hey Pinto Peeps!

Just a reminder that the Sixth Annual Pinto Stampede is leaving Little Switzerland, NC this morning.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. 
They will be stopping overnight in Meadows of Dan, VA. 

Safe Travels,

Offline 72pair

• Pinto Sr. Member

Tenth year Anniversary Topic Starter Signature Poll Voter Windows User Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 04:24:52 PM »
Took my Bobcat and met up with the group for the start this morning. Joined in until the first fuel stop, then sadly had to turn for home. There is nothing like cruising the Parkway in the midst of a dozen Pinto fanatics! This is a great group and I highly encourage anyone to join the ride, if only for a short segment. Safe Travels Pinto Friends!
72 sedan 2.0, c-4 beater now hot 2.0, 4-speed
72 sedan 2.3, t-5, 8" running project
80 Bobcat hatchback 2.3, 4-spd, 97K

Offline dga57

• Pinto PooBAH

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 11:42:19 AM »
Took my Bobcat and met up with the group for the start this morning. Joined in until the first fuel stop, then sadly had to turn for home. There is nothing like cruising the Parkway in the midst of a dozen Pinto fanatics! This is a great group and I highly encourage anyone to join the ride, if only for a short segment. Safe Travels Pinto Friends!

;D Well said! ;D   

Offline dga57

• Pinto PooBAH

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 09:48:14 PM »
Spent a delightful evening with the 2016 Stampede gang; shared some pizza and some laughs.  Met new friends and reunited with old ones.  Rain dampened the fun a bit (pun very definitely intended) but in the end we all had a good time.  Also, a big shout out of thanks to Paul Obaugh Ford in Staunton, VA for hosting our Stampede participants and their Pintos!